Your account contains a set of market landscapes. Each landscape is a collection of companies, competitors, or influencers you want to track for competitive or comparative analysis.
Step 1: Create A Landscape
Use the + button next to the landscape selector in the top left to create a landscape.
Step 2: Add Companies To A Landscape
After opening the dialog, choose a name for your landscape and add companies to it using the URL. You can add a company using their website URL, or if the company doesn’t have a website, you can use a social channel URL like https://www.instagram.com/starbucks/. (Of course Starbucks has a home page, but you get the point.)
The first company you add will be known as the Focus Company, which means reports in this landscape will be focused on this company. You can switch the Focus Company at any time.
We recommend adding at least 3 additional companies to the landscape to ensure meaningful comparisons and landscape averages.
Once you click “Done adding companies”, we'll create your landscape and ensure as much as is loaded as possible.
Here are few landscape building tips.
- You can track the same company across multiple landscapes, and your account will only be charged for using one company.
- You can track a company’s presence throughout different geographical regions (ex. us.coca-cola.com, coca-cola.co.uk). Each regional presence should be added as a separate company record.
Step 3: Review and Edit Social Handles
You can edit, add, and remove any of the companies in your landscape from the Landscape section. Hover over the checkmark icons in the company matrix to review the handles we found.
To edit the social channel, click “Edit” in the popover.
To remove the company from the landscape, click the trashcan icon under the company name.
Step 4: Changing Your Focus Company
To change your Focus Company, click the "Change Focus Company" button in the top right. This will adjust all reports in this landscape to focus on this company.
Step 5: Editing Your Landscape
Use the Landscape Settings section to customize your landscape. You can update the landscape's time zone, edit the channels we report on, rename, or delete your landscape.
Bonus: Other Ways to Use Landscapes
Consider building landscapes in the following ways:
- By Competitor - add at least 3 competitors. If you add many competitors, consider using company filters for additional control over your Landscape.
- By Division - your company may have one or more divisions - use a Landscape to track all the divisional social pages in one place.
- By Country - your company may have operations in multiple countries - use a Landscape to compare each country, or create a separate Landscape for each Country operation.
- By Social Role - your company may have more than one social handle for a digital channel. Add specific handles owned by the same company to compare them as stand-alone companies, like http://twitter.com/starbucks and http://twitter.com/starbucksnews.
- For Influencers or ambassadors - To track the social contributions of any influencer programs you're running, build a landscape of your ambassadors. Set up saved search queries in a custom dashboard to simplify your tracking and reporting.